The Trumpet Academy 2014 at CSUF is now in the scheduling process. Please check back frequently for exact dates. If you would like to be included in the email list so you can be notified immediately, please send your email address through the contact page.
Thank you to everybody for participating. Keep practicing and see you next year!!
“Barry has instilled in our students a sense of pride and musicianship towards the trumpet.”
Director of Bands – Poway High School
A three-day comprehensive study of trumpet performance for all ages by the Principal Trumpet of the Pacific Symphony. We will discuss and work on trumpet playing, as well as overall musicianship. Topics studied will include:
- Equipment (Mouthpieces, Trumpets, Mutes, Maintenance)
- Breathing techniques
- Warm – ups
- The Mouthpiece Buzz
- Flexibility exercises
- Finger dexterity exercises
- Musical phrasing
- Loud/Soft playing with a good sound
- Intonation (with good intonation comes power)
- “Diamond of Sound” concept
- Importance of physical fitness
- ENSEMBLE PLAYING
- Importance of listening to the great trumpet players
- Importance of listening to great musicians
- Leadership by example
- Importance of PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE
Most of all you will stay in good playing shape over the summer!
To purchase trumpets, mouthpieces, or accessories, please visit www.thompsonmusic.com